2008年3月26日 星期三

Search engine optimization (SEO)

Introduction
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via "organic List" search results for targeted keywords. Usually, the earlier a site is presented in the search results or the higher it "ranks", the more searchers will visit that site. SEO can also target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search vertical engines.


The requirement of Search Engineer Optimization(SEO)
I would like to find more relevant guidelines from Webmaster Help Center(http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769#quality) There will help to find, index, and rank my Blog. Even if you choose not to implement any of these suggestions, there strongly encourage we pay very close attention to the "Quality Guidelines," which outline some of the illicit practices that may lead to a site being removed entirely from the Google index or otherwise penalized. I can learn how to avoid the site has been penalized and avoid my Blog block in results on Google.com, on any of Google's partner sites and other famous engine engineer company.

Page Title:
I would like to add the keywords in the titles of my pages such as Customer Relationship management, CRM, 顧客關係管理but without spamming, meaning do not overdo that and spamming is outdated. I also use a different title for every page that reflects what this page is about and not exceed 5 keywords in every page.

HTML Tags:
I apply to a link www.technorati.com/tags, Technorati is the most powerful converter device. It help other easy search my blog when input some keyword. I also put the main keywords between in topic of 5 articles. All of main keywords also are shown on Tags.

Outbound & Inbound Links:
They are defined a hyperlink that points to another page in the same website I think Internal links are very important for search engine optimization, always remove your broken links and make sure search engine spiders can reach almost all pages in your site and also enhance my Blog appearance.
In Outbound links, I join a membership in a famous searching engineer organization www.UWANT.com. I can post my Blog in there for others to search such as http://www.linkshighway.net/. I also add the Keyword Suggestion tool will help you choose relevant and popular terms related to your selected key term. Simply enter a key term and this tool will query information from several Google searches, which it will use to determine popular and re-occurring terms used by websites in the same industry.
In Inbound links, I post other link and article which are related my topic CRM in my Blog. For example, I added my classmates’ Blog and some successful CRM operation example.

Building Site Map
Our professor who is Ken Fong suggest a tool to us to check the location of visitor http://clustrmaps.com/index.htm
That is the best ways to quantifiably and independently measure my Blog online awareness and overall visibility.

Content:
I provide a good and unique content such as I copy some powerful CRM article, CRM topic u-tube and CRM practice and application in there.
Meta Tags: I try study the most search engines (like Google) for my reference. (Google) do not give much weight for meta tags because many people used to spam them with keywords that may not even exist in content but they still carry some weight for other search engines.

Keyword Density Analyzer
I also used the keyword density analyzer to determine the optimum keyword density for your web page. http://www.pagerank.net/keyword-density-analyzer/
Keyword Density Analyzer will analyze the web page you specify and give a report on what words are used and how many times they are used.
Keyword density is important because it can be used as a factor in determining whether the web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase and the right keyword density will help achieve higher rankings on search engines.

Update Frequency
I am going to update and post some new article in my Blog, that is better for enhance my ranking.

The limitation of Search Engineer Optimization(SEO)Avoid Link farms:
I give up use link farms method which is a form of spamming the index of a search engineer. Some link exchange systems are designed to allow individual websites to selectively exchange links with other relevant websites and are not considered a form of spamdexing.

Avoid hidden content:
I avoid use Hiding text or links in content as it may cause my Blog to be perceived as untrustworthy since it presents information to search engines differently than to visitors.

Avoid use keyword stuffing
Filling pages with keywords results in a negative user experience, and can harm my Blog's ranking. Focus on creating useful, information-rich content that uses keywords appropriately and in context. So, I suggest you use the link http://www.pagerank.net/keyword-density-analyzer/ to check the content and Tags in your site.

Don't send automated queries to the famous Searching Engineer:
For example, Google's Terms of Service do not allow the sending of automated queries of any sort to our system without express permission in advance from Google

Outbound Links:
I avoid link up a bad sites as it may caused search engine penalize me and may even ban your site completely!

Flash/Graphic file:
Search engines cannot read text displayed in graphic files (e.g. jpg, gif, png), nor can they interpret text found in Flash files. This simulator shows you only text that search engines can read.

Avoid Doorway page and PageRange created just for a search engineer:
Ensure the content of site is talking about the visitor wants and need, the goal of site attract the target audience rather than as a search engine. Please don't participle in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or "bad neighborhoods" on the web, as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links.

Thank you!

Editor by Ring Chan

沒有留言: